Monday, May 25, 2009

Delight in the Lord

So I have been struggling a lot lately ( big surprise). 2 more of my friends are getting married this year, and almost all of my friends are in serious relationships. I know I've talked about this before. This (as joyful as it is for me) is still a struggle...I rejoice in their vocations and weep at the changes that all this will bring for my friendships.

Compound this with work and I have found myself becoming more "of the world". Found myself being more lax in my standards, and more materialistic. When I'm honest with myself...it's easier to be "just like everyone else"...to desire intimacy and love and when I'm not careful I still find myself looking for it in the wrong places. By the grace of God I'm too much HIS to seek love the way I used to...but still not enough HIS to not have that yearning.

SO...this is where prayer comes in. I was reading my Bible the other night and I came across this passage from Psalm 37

"Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.
Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him and He will do this."
-Psalm 37: 1-5

God really spoke to my heart with this...especially the part about DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD AND HE WILL GIVE YOU THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART!!

The more I read on this and feasted on it's beauty the more I realized that God is my delight. He is all that will fill me and like ST. Theresa said "God alone is enough". The more I delight in HIM and HIS will the more MY heart will be transformed to match with His will. It's not about God giving me whatever I want but more about how when I spend time with Him and delight in His will MY heart is transformed...and changed. God will gladly give me the desires of my heart when my hearts desires match HIS desires.

Really this is a win/win situation. The more I love God the more I am conformed to His will and the more joy I get out of every moment. So as I prayed on this, God reassured me...that if I continue to fix my eyes on HIM and continue to trust in Him and delight myself in HIS love then he will satisfy the desires of my heart for love and intimacy. I need to be patient and trusting and loving. I need to stop looking at the world in it's ease and stop being envious of all those co workers with boyfriends...and just enjoy the love of my God and savior and TRUST IN HIM!!

So today...(and every day) I vow to delight myself in the Lord...to trust in His will and conform myself to His plans because I know that is where real joy comes from.

I pray you my friends may also Delight yourselves in the Lord.

No comments: