Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pentecost and the Gifts of God

HAPPY PENTECOST!!!
On pentecost with the holy spirit filling their hearts the disciples left the upper room...and began to preach to all the nations. Full of God's grace and the holy spirit I now do the same. I leave my fears behind and begin to do His holy and gracious will. I can no longer fear why I'm here or if I will succeed. I now only trust that I am in God's will and all that I do will be blessed by HIm. In my first few weeks in Virginia He has made His blessings to me so apparent.
A quick recap. Moved to Virginia last friday. (over a week ago). Spent a week full of getting
the essentials...a car, bank account, and cell phone. Crazy things but unfortunately necessary. Went to my sisters graduation and was inspired looking at the medical students graduating...that will be me in a few years (God willing). I have definitely struggled in the last few weeks...there is such a desperation in the united states. I am constantly astonished while walking down the street to see the emptiness of the souls around me...desperately searching for something and looking in all the wrong places. But perhaps that is my mission here to be a light of truth and hope in what can be a hopeless world. All I know is that Imiss Honduras...but I am in God's will and HE is my strength and all I need.
I have already been in touch with some great people in C.Ville and am looking forward to seeing how Missioners can grow there in abundance. There is a thirst for the truth and God willing I can be a part of that. A part of the "I thirst..." movement to as my brother has said...to enter into the wounds...not just the woundedness of others but also the holes in my own heart and soul. To let God continue to challenge me and strengthen me in this new phase of my life. Sorry...getting a little abstract.
I have left Charlottesville for a few days and now am in Virginia Beach. God is so faithful and great to me. What a privledge and honor to be surrounded by such holy people and to be challenged here. As much as I miss Honduras and as hard as this is...I trust in God. He is already providing the support and friendship and fellowship that I need to survive. He is so faithful!! Praise HIM!!!
Not too much more to report...struggling but surviving by the Grace of God! Please continue to pray for and with me.


FeLIZ PENTECOSTES~~
Los discipulos salieron del sala arriba con la gracia y inspiracion del espiritu santo para predicar el evangelio. Ya con la gracia de Dios yo voy a hacer la misma cosa. Ya lleno del espiritu santo yo voy a dejar mis miedos para hacer la santa voluntad de Dios. NO mas puedo tener miedo de porque estoy aqui o que voy a fracasar...se que estoy en el voluntad de Dios y tengo que seguir en fe con lo que El esta preguntandome. En mis primeros semanas en Virginia El me ha monstrado sus bendiciones.
Bueno...un resumen. Yo llegue en Virginia hace mas que una semana...mis primeros dias eran llenos de cosas practicas. Comprando un carro, encontrando una cuenta de cheque, un cellular, apartamento...muchos cosas..pero necesicarios. Fue al graduacion de mi hermana y fue inspirado de ver los alumos de universidad de medicina...va a ser yo en algunos anos!!
Es bien cierto...yo he luchado MUcHO en los semanas pasado en EEUU. Hay un desperacion aqui que es tan claro. Un vacilidad de corazon y de alma que duele de ver. Personas tan solos y perdidos buscando la felicidad en cosas y personas y llegando vacio. Es posible de ver la oscuridad aqui...algunos veces me da miedo de ver que tanto control tiene el diablo aqui...pero me da un proposito. Tal vez parte de mi trabajo aqui es de ser una luz de verdad y esperanza en este mundo. Yo rezo que puedo tener la fuerza para hacerlo. Solo se que extrano a Honduras y todos uds. MUCHISIMO....pero se tambien que estoy donde Dios quiere y EL va a estrecharme en maneras nuevos este ano. El es mi fuerza...y El es suficiente para mi...
Ya es tiempo de entrar en los heridas de cristo...de permitirle de monstrarme mis heridas y ayudarme de estar presente por los demas.
Mas que todo Dios me ha monstrado que no estoy sola...El me ha dado comunidades en Cville, Richmond y Virginia Beach. Estoy en Virginia Beach ahorita...y gracias a Dios por los personas que me ha dado...Una comunidad para apollarme. NO es lo mismo...y es un transition bien duro todavia...les extrano...pero aqui estoy...con la fuerza de Dios y la inspiracion del Espiritu Santo. Aqui Dios esta fortalezandome por la viaje que viene. Voy a empezar clases 12 de Junio...por favor rezan para mi.. Va a ser un ano bien duro para mi de estudios...tengo la tentacion de miedo...pero me paro y rezo y confio en Dios.
Alabenlo!!! Dios es Fiel! Estoy rezando por cada uno de uds. Les extrano y les quiero!! Es una lucha pero Dios esta con migo...y nunca va a dejarme! Hay momentos de lagrimas por la transicion pero hay momentos de vez en cuando de gozo. Les quiero!

No comments: