Saturday, January 26, 2008

Just a few thoughts...algunas pensiamentos

So I know I've been posting a lot lately...school hasn't really picked up yet so I still have the time. I was reading one of the missioners in Honduras blogs' this morning...and it hurt. There is still such a large part of my soul that misses and yearns for that life again. That yearns for the simple life with the simple, beautiful people of Honduras. Don't get me wrong...as those of you who spoke to and lived with me in Honduras know, things were hard there and I was challenged in SO many ways. But man, was there JOY!! There were so many graces, and every day was a new adventure. I felt like I was DOING something with my life. And I think that's the problem right now....I"m not giving to anyone...I'm not really DOING anything but studying right now. I know that's my vocation and I know it's what I'm supposed to be doing. But it's hard...I miss feeling productive and like I'm giving something back. It was really easy to see at the end of the day in Honduras that you had done something...even if it was just clean the house, or visit the elderly. God was SO clear in the work that we were doing. Here...well here He's much more abstract. It takes effort to see Him in Physics or O-chem. But I'm trying.
I'm still in love with my work...I spent all afternoon yesterday again shadowing the amazing Catholic doctor here in town. I'm most happy when I'm there. To know how weird I am...as I was driving home at 6pm I wanted to stop by the hospital for more shadowing...and the sad part is...it was because I didn't have anything else to do. I see now how doctors become work -a holics. You study so hard that medicine and the hospital become your life...and then when the studying is over you don't have anything else because you've given it all up to become a doctor...so then being a doctor is your life. I wanted to stay at the hospital last night because I didn't have anywhere else to go but home to my empty apartment. That's why I miss Honduras...there was always someone around...always Jesus or something else...But...I still love hospitals...and I know now more than ever that this is my vocation. I just have to continue to trust in the Lord that He will bring me back to Honduras when it is time...and until it is time I have to continue to offer up my sadness at not being there and pray that He will give me the grace to find a balance between work and life.
May the Lord bless us and give us strength today and may we remember always to pray for the missions...the people who are doing what the rest of us can only dream about doing!


bueno...se que estoy escribiendo mucho en mi blog estos dias...mis estudios son pocos ahorita y tengo el tiempo. Estaba leyendo el blog de uno de los misioneros en Honduras este manana ...y duele en mi corazon. Hay un parte gigante todavia que quiere estar en Honduras. Mi alma hace falta esta vida...esta trabajo. Que queire estar de nuevo con la gente de Honduras. Entienden bien...los quien estaba con migo en Honduras saben...habian muchos dificultades para mi alla y yo fue cambiado en muchas maneras. Pero habia GOZO en abundancia!! Habia gracia y cada dia fue un adventura nueva. Senti como estaba HACIENDO algo. Y creo es el problema ahora...no siento que estoy haciendo nada menos estudiando...no estoy dando mi misma a nadie. Y se que es mi vocacion ahora de estudiar pero duele y es duro. Me hace falta sentir como hize algo durante el dia. En Honduras fue facil de ver que hize durante el dia, muchas vezes fue algo bien facil como limpiar la casa o visita los viejos. Dios fue CLARO en el trabajo que tuvimos. Es tan mas duro de verlo en quimica organica o fisica. Pero estoy tratando.
Todavia estoy enamorado con mi trabajo. Fue de nuevo ayer para seguir con la doctora catolica aqui y encanto el trabajo y mis companeros de trabajo alla. Son bendiciones de Dios! (y ayer yo traduje para un pareja de Mexico...malisimo...van a reir uds. cuando regresara a Honduras porque casi no puedo hablar ya! lo siento) Estoy lo mas feliz cuando estoy en la clinica o el hospital es como tengo una vida real. Estoy es que extrano soy yo...cuando estaba manejando a mi casa anoche como a las 6 pase por el hospital y quise entrara y seguir trabajando alla (no puedo...no tengo un trabajo alla). El parte triste es que yo quise hacer esto porque no tenia nada mejor de hacer anoche! Ya entiendo como los doctores cayen en el rythmo de trabajar demasiado...durante de sus estudios medicina y el hospital son su vida...y despues cuando son doctores se dan cuenta que han dejado todo para ser doctor que ya no tengan nada menos el hosptial y el trabajo. Y ser doctor ya es su vida. Yo no quise salir del hospital anoche porque trabajar parecia mejor de regresar a mi apartamento sola sin nadie. Esto es porque me hace falta Honduras...siempre habian alguien alla en la casa. Pero encanto mi trabajo todavia...encanto los hospitales...y se mas que nunca que ser doctora es mi vocacion. Solo tengo que rezar para un balancia en mi vida. Y tengo que confiar en Dios que cuando es el tiempo El va a llevarme de nuevo a Honduras. Y hasta esta momento tengo que seguir ofreciendolo para arriba mi tristeza de no estar en Honduras con uds.!
Que Dios nos bendiga y nos da la fuerza de seguir hoy. Y que podemos recordar de rezar para los misiones...para la gente que estan haciendo lo que los demas de nosotros solo podemos sonar de hacer!!

No comments: